Ray Liotta Biography, Goodfellas, movie, Wife, Girlfriends, Height, Daughter, Movies, Awards, Death Cause
Ray Liotta is one of the most venerated names in the field of acting and entertainment. Unfortunately, Ray left the world at the age of 67. His sudden demise has created a huge void in the sphere of cinema. Ray’s fans and well-wishers are shattered. Ray Liotta is best known for his versatility in the realm of acting. Whether as Manny Singer in Corrina, Corrina, or as Shoeless Jackson in the movie field of dreams, his choice to play multifaceted roles made him distinguished and bankable. The movie Goodfellas gave him the character of Henry Hill which eventually became an integral part of his identity. In Ray’s intriguing body of work, he has offered plenty to the cinema-lovers. This article will throw light on the entire life journey of Ray Liotta. It is going to be a memoir of Ray’s incredible lifetime. Please read it till the end.
Ray Liotta Biography
Let’s have a glance at the biography of Ray Liotta:
|Full Name||Raymond Allen Liotta|
|Father||Alfred Liotta (Adoptive)|
|Spouse||Michelle Grace (Divorced)|
|Profession||Actor, Film Producer|
|Debut||Film: The Lonely Lady, Theater: Match, Music videos: “Lovers on the Sun”, Television: Hardhat and LegsVideo, games: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Age||67 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1954|
|Birthplace||Newark, New Jersey, United States|
|School||Union High School|
|College||University of Miami|
|Famous Movies||Article 99, No Escape, Operation Dumbo Drop, Turbulence, Phoenix, Pilgrim, Hannibal, Heartbreakers, Blow, Narc, and so on.|
|Awards||VGX Award for Best Performance, Independent Spirit Robert Altman Award, Primetime Emmy Awards (2005), Francois Truffaut Award, and so on.|
Birth and Early Life Details
Ray Liotta was born on 18 December 1954 in New Jersey. After his birth, he was abandoned by his real parents. As a six-month-old infant, he got adopted by Alfred Liotta and his wife Mary. Alfred was an auto-parts store owner. His parents (adoptive) also tried their hands at politics but got no success in return. Ray Liotta’s sister Linda was adopted too. One interesting fact is that Ray once hired a detective to trace his biological mother.
Ray Liotta was adopted by the family of Alfred Liotta. Ray grew up with his sister Linda. Liotta was married to the actress Michelle Grace for seven years. They have a daughter named Karsen.
|Spouse||Michelle Grace (div.)|
Education of Ray Liotta
- Ray Liotta attended Union High School from where he graduated in 1973.
- Liotta completed his degree in Fine Arts from the University of Miami in 1978.
Career Details of Ray Liotta
- After the completion of his graduation, Liotta got a job as a bartender.
- Later he got a role in the show Another World, in which he played Joey Perrini. He continued working in Another World for three years (1978-81).
- Liotta’s career in movies got its catapult from the film The Lonely Lady (1983).
- One of his outstanding performances happened in the movie Goodfellas.
- The thriller Unlawful Entry showcased his talent as Ray played a psychopath cop in the movie.
- Movies like Article 99, No Escape, Operation Dumbo Drop, Turbulence, Phoenix, Pilgrim, Hannibal, Heartbreakers, Blow, Narc, and so on beautifully depict the versatility of Ray Liotta.
- Ray was seen in the movie Everlast secret in 2022.
- Liotta’s Movies like Cocaine Bear, The Substance, and Clash are yet to be released.
- Ray Liotta has a huge body of work on television as well. He has appeared on shows like Hardhat Legs, Crazy Times, The Simpsons, Hanna, Black Bird, and so on.
- Ray Liotta was also seen in music videos such as Lovers on the Sun and Bloodstream.
Ray Liotta has played multifaceted characters onscreen. His charming personality could easily connect with his audience. Let us have a look at Ray’s appearance details.
Major Awards and Nominations
Ray has achieved several accolades and awards in his acting career which spanned more than forty years. He has achieved significant awards and nominations such as VGX Award for Best Performance, Independent Spirit Robert Altman Award, Primetime Emmy Awards (2005), Francois Truffaut Award, and so on.
|Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards||2005|
|Independent Spirit Robert Altman Award||2020|
Ray was engaged to Jacy Nittolo. Earlier he married the actress Michelle Grace in the year 1997. Later, they separated in 2004. Ray Liotta also had some famous link-ups of his time. Let’s have a look at some of them.
Favorites of Ray Liotta
Ray was vocal about his daily-life choices. Here we present some of his favorites.
|Favorite Destinations||New York, New Jersey|
|Favorite Colors||Black, Red, Grey|
- Ray Liotta once stated that he worked in the movie Operation Dumbo Drop just for the paycheck.
- Ray Liotta has wonderfully portrayed the popular singer Frank Sinatra in The Rat Pack.
- Ray supported English Premiership Football Team “Tottenham Hotspur”.
- Ray never met his biological parents.
- Ray Liotta is famous for his movies like Unlawful Entry, Field of Dreams, Goodfellas, Marriage Story, Cop Land, and so on.
Ray Liotta is one of the irreplaceable actors in the realm of cinema. His sudden demise was a shock to his fans and well-wishers. Ray died on 26 May 2022 in his sleep. He was 67. Ray went to the Dominican Republic for the shooting of his movie Dangerous Waters where he took his last breath.
There is no doubt Ray was one of the most versatile actors in the arena of entertainment. His mettle has been proved through the variety of roles he took up. Ray was known for absorbing the essence of a particular character onscreen. That is why the world preferred to address him by the names of iconic characters he played. Ray left for his heavenly abode, but his legacy stays here.
Q-What is the nationality of actor Ray Liotta?
Q-Was Ray Liotta adopted by his parents?
Q-When did Ray Liotta die?
A-26 May 2022
Q-Who is the daughter of Ray Liotta?
Q-Where did Ray Liotta die?
A-The Dominican Republic