Johnny Depp Biography, Age, Height, Weight, girlfriend, Wife, Movies, Net Worth, Defamation Controversy
Johnny Depp stands as one of the biggest names in entertainment. He has a massive list of accolades and accomplishments in his kitty. The world admires Johnny for playing a number of multifaceted characters and getting into their skin brilliantly. Apart from his acting and music career, Johnny has grabbed attention for the ups and downs in his personal space. Currently, Johnny is making headlines due to it as well. Johnny filed a defamation suit against his ex-wife Amber Heard. The tussle between the two has created a lot of bewildering. In this light, Johnny’s fans keep awaiting the updates. In the given article, we will delve into the details pertaining to this gifted artist. Please read it till the end to know more about his interesting journey.
Johnny Depp Biography
Let us have a glance at the encapsulated details of Johnny Depp:
|Mother’s Name, Father’s Name||Betty Sue Palmer, John Christopher Depp|
|Siblings||Daniel, Christi, Debbie|
|Birth Name||John Christopher Depp II|
|Date of birth||9 June 1963|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Singer|
|Wife||Lori Anne Allison (div 1985)Amber Heard (div 2017)|
|Ethnicity||English, French, German|
|School||Miramar High School|
|Qualification||High School Dropout|
|Acting Debut||A Nightmare on Elm Street, 1984|
|Awards||Donostia Award (2021), Golden Globe Award for Best Actor (2008), MTV Movie and TV Award (2008), MTV Generation Award (2012), and Screen Actors Guild Award (2004) are some major awards that Johnny received.|
|Source of income||Acting, Singing, Film Production|
|Net worth||$400 Million|
|Controversies||The most recent one is the legal battle with his ex-wife.|
Birth and early life details of Johnny Depp
John Christopher Depp II or Johnny Depp was born on 9 June 1963 in Kentucky. He is the youngest among his four siblings. Johnny’s father’s name is John Christopher Depp who was a civil engineer by profession. Johnny Depp’s mother’s name is Betty Sue Palmer and she was a waitress by profession.
Depp’s mother helped him to shape his career in music. She gifted Depp a guitar when he was just 12. Afterward his rendezvous with the music he started playing in different bands. In 1980 he joined a band named The Kids. Apart from being with the band, Depp took up a number of odd jobs as well. In 1983, Johnny got married to Lori Anne Allison, whom he divorced in 1985.
Family Tree of Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp’s ancestry mostly comes from Europe. He has a family comprising his parents and three siblings. His siblings’ names are Daniel Depp, Christi, and Debbie Depp. Johnny has two children named Lily-Rose Depp and Jack Depp from his partner Vanessa Paradis.
|Father’s name||John Christopher Depp|
|Mother’s name||Betty Sue Palmer|
|Siblings||Daniel, Christi, Debbie|
|Wife||Lori Anne Allison (div. 1985)Amber Heard (div. 2017)|
|Children||Lily-Rose Depp and Jack Depp|
Education of Johnny Depp
- Johnny went to Miramar High School. But he dropped out of it at the age of 16.
- He has also attended Henry D. Perry Middle School.
- Johnny’s Ex-wife Lori Ann Allison made him meet the actor Nicolas Cage. That really acted as a turning point in the life of Depp as Nicolas helped him in getting an audition. Later Depp got an opportunity to act in A Nightmare on Elm Street.
- Though Depp was never inclined to act, he took up the acting offers as these helped him to pay bills.
- Fox television series 21 Jump Street which went on air in 1987.
- Moving forward with his acting career Depp tried his hands at movies that made interested him. He didn’t care about box office success. Movies like Cry Baby prove the same.
- In 2003 Depp got worldwide acclaim through his portrayal of pirate Captain Jack Sparrow in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.
- By 2012, the Guinness World Records listed him as the highest-paid actor in the world.
- Johnny Depp has also founded a film production company named Infinitum Nihil. This company produced films like The Rum Diary, Hugo, and so on.
- Edward Scissorhands, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Sleepy Hollow, and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape are some of his most memorable movies.
Johnny Depp has a huge fan following across the globe that falls for his styling and appearance. The way Johnny carries himself is much appreciated. Let’s have a close look at his physical details and appearance.
Major Awards and Nominations
Johnny’s career has been embellished with a number of awards and recognitions. Donostia Award (2021), Golden Globe Award for Best Actor (2008), MTV Movie and TV Award (2008), MTV Generation Award (2012), and Screen Actors Guild Award (2004) are some major awards that Johnny received.
|Golden Globe Award for Best Actor||2008|
|MTV Movie and TV Award||2008|
|Screen Actors Guild Award||2004|
|MTV Generation Award||2012|
- Johnny Depp was accused of illegally bringing his dogs to the country of Australia in the year 2015.
- In 2003, he made the statement that ” America is Dumb”.
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard started their relationship in 2012. Heard married Depp in 2015. Amber filed for divorce in 2016 with an allegation of Johnny being abusive to her. The couple got divorced in 2017. In 2019 Depp filed a defamation case against Amber. Johnny got countersued by Amber.
Johnny’s choice appears classy yet simple. Here is a list of some of Johnny Depp’s favorites.
Networth of Johnny Depp
Johnny happens to be one of the wealthiest artists in the world. Around 2012 he was the highest-paid actor in the world. His current net worth is estimated to be more than $400 million.
|Source of Earning||Acting, Music, Film Production|
|Estimated Networth||$400 Million|
- Johnny spent his childhood in more than 20 different places.
- The guitar that Johnny’s mom got him when he was 12 is still with him.
- His portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is considered to be one of his best works.
- Johnny Depp has a fear of dancing.
- He has been named as Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine twice.
- Depp is a high school dropout.
The American actor Johnny Depp is considered to be one of the most successful artists in the world. He has got humongous fame and support worldwide. Johnny’s extraordinary performances onscreen and controversies in his personal life often make a buzz. Johnny Depp’s well-wishers and fans keep eying for his success and well-being.
Q-Has Johnny Depp ever received an Oscar?
Q-What is the net worth of Johny Depp?
A-$400 Million (estimated)
Q-What is the nationality of Johnny Depp?
Q-What is the marital status of Johnny Depp?