Dave Chappelle Biography, Wife, Family, Age, Height, Weight, Movies, Dog, Net worth, Award, kids
Dave Chappelle, with the byname of David Khari Webber, is a well-known American comedian and actor who started his career early in his school days. He recognized his natural talent for making people laugh at the tender age of 14. It was then only that he moved to New York to pursue his passion and the thing he was good at. Apart from being a comedian, he has starred in many movies in minor roles.
His on-screen appearance has reduced these days, but his comic timing and quirky commentary seem fresh even today. He is ranked among the best comedians by Comedy Central and also marked as an impeccable artiste by the ‘Chappelle’s Show.’ This makes him one of the boldest and most versatile action-plus comedians and a talented artist. People also praise his random sense of humor and his crude natural spontaneity, which makes him a great artist in his genre.
His style of comedy constantly changed and didn’t only have its focus on the African-American style. Instead, he wanted to focus on a more acceptable form of comedy that people like to watch. This is what made way for his fame, and he became a popular one for his clever commentary and a satiric style of his own.
Personal Details of Dave Chappelle
A piece of brief information about Dave Chappelle is given in the table below
|Name||David Khari Webber Chappelle|
|Date of Birth||August 24, 1973|
|Profession||Comedian, actor, screenwriter, and producer|
|Birth Place(Born Country)||Washington, D.C. United States of America|
|Father’s name||William David Chappelle III|
|Mother’s name||Yvonne Seon (Formerly Chappelle)|
|Siblings||William S. Chappelle (brother), Felicia Chappelle Jones (sister)|
|Spouse||Elaine Mendoza Erfe|
|Children||Sulayman Chappelle (son), Ibrahim Chappelle (son), and Sanaa Chappelle (daughter)|
|Country Currently living at||65-acre farm near Yellow Springs, Ohio|
|Height||6’0’’ or 183 cm|
|Dog||Baba (half-chihuahua, half-dachshund)|
Details of Dave Chappelle Early Life
- Chappelle has been born in Washington, DC but grew up in Silver Spring, Maryland
- He belongs to a family with an active political background
- His parents were separated when he was at a tender age
- He used to stay with his mother, spending the summer days in Yellow Springs, Ohio with father
- He got converted to Islam in 1991
- In 1991, he passed from Duke of Ellington from the school of arts having his a major in theatre arts
- He got his inspiration for his comic life from Richard Pryor and Eddie Murphy
- He gained fame in the stand-up field on Comedy Central, cable Channel, and Chappelle’s show
- His comic style would focus on subjects like racial division and racism
- He started to gain fame from an early age and performed in Mel Brooke’s Robin Hood: Men in Tights in 1993 when he was just 20 years old
Educational qualification and experiences
- Chappelle started his education at Woodlin Elementary School
- During his high school time, he worked as an usher in Ford’s theatre
- After graduation, he moved to New York City to pursue comedy as a full time
Career details of Dave Chappelle
- He began his career by narrating jokes in the first episode of ABC’s America’s Funniest People
- His failed performance is a source of major motivation in front of the amateur night audience at the Apollo Theatre.
- In 1995, he made an appearance in the American sitcom ‘Home Improvement along with Jim Breuer
- In 1996, the hit film, Nutty professor came starring Eddie Murphy and Chappelle
- He got many opportunities in 1997, such as Con Air, got a major role in half-baked, got to play in one episode of ‘The Larry Sanders Show’ and in the film ‘You’ve Got mail.’ And all these impacted significantly his career
- In 1999, Chappelle got his first opportunity in the HBO slot in the episode, ‘Dave Chappelle: Killin’ Them Softly.’
- His show ‘Chappelle’s Show’ was aired for the first time on Comedy Central from 2003 to 2006
- His documentary film Dave Chappelle’s block party was released in 2005
- In 2006, he toured several cities to promote his documentary film. The next year, he created history by doing a stand-up comedy for 3 record times and 50 minutes at the Laugh Factory Sunset Strip Comedy Club.
- In 2006, he performed the poems – ‘How I got the Lead on Jeopardy!’ and ‘Fuck Ashton Kutcher.’ It came on HBO’s television series – ‘Def Poetry,’ a spoken work
- He appeared in “Inside the Actors Studio’ twice from 2008 to 2013
- From 2016 to 2021, 12 stand-up comedy has come up by Chappelle on Netflix. The last one – ‘The Closer’ has been called off due to slight repercussions from the transgender community
- He has also hosted some outdoor comedy along with music shows in tallow Springs in Ohio on Covid-19 challenges
Details of awards and accolades
- He has got three consecutive Grammy awards for the best comedy album
- Chappelle got Kennedy Centre’s Mark Twin award for American humor in the year 2019
- He has been awarded an outstanding variety of special nominations – the Primetime Emmy Award
- In Columbia, 3rd February has been declared as ‘Dave Chappelle Day’
- In the list of Comedy Central Presents, Dave Chappelle is 43rd in the list, and it indicates the 100 best stand-ups of the time
- Dave Chappelle is also on Celebrity 100 list from Forbes that is almost worth a $12 million
- The famous stand-up comedian in America has endorsed both Pepsi and Coca-Cola
- The stand-up comedian also takes video-gamer and has currently a war of Warcraft account that he plays out of interest
List of famous movies of Dave Chappelle
1982 – The End of August (Drama)
1993 – Robin Hood: Men in Tights (Adventure, Musical, Romance, and Comedy)
1998 – You’ve Got Mail (Drama, Romance, Comedy)
2005 – Dave Chappelle’s Block Party
2017 – Dave Chappelle: The Bird Revelation (Comedy, documentary)
2017 – Dave Chappelle: Equanimity (Documentary, Comedy)
Q- Who is Dave Chappelle?
He is a well-known comedian and actor.
Q- What is the nationality of Dave Chappelle?
Q- Has Dave Chappelle received Grammy Awards?
Q- Who is the wife of Dave Chappelle?
Elaine Mendoza Erfe.
Q- How old is Dave Chappelle?
48 years old.